Chiffon Cake was really my own favorite cake. This time I took the recipe from Sedap Sekejap magazine (Sedap Sekejap Edisi 3/III/2002). I brought this magazine from my country 🙂 Actually I grabbed some of my mother’s magazines 🙂 Actually i took the recipe of Chiffon Cake Polos but i modified a bit with chocolate paste, then it would taste a bit of chocolate that’s why i called it chocolate chiffon cake.
8 egg yolks
125 ml canola oil
125 ml water
200 gr plain flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda kue
8 white eggs
250 ml sugar
1/4 tsp cream of tar-tar
How to Make:
1. Preheat the oven 160′. Sifter the flour, baking powder and soda kue. Add canola oil and water. Mix well then add egg yolk one by one. Mix again until becoming a paste.
2. Using the electric mixer, mix together white eggs, sugar and cream of tar-tar until it stiff.
3. Pour part B into part A and mix well slowly using the spatula. Then add a bit of chocolate paste into the batter.
4. Pour the batter into the chiffon pan. Then bake in the oven for about 1 hr.
5. After it done, try to put the skewer into the cake and it finished when the skewer come out clean. Put the cake upside down and let it cool.